Please help.. cage problems.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

CarleyAnn

I just bought my hedgehog, Owen a big wire cage.
He can't fit through them, but he keeps climbing up on it, then falling straight on his back

I really don't want him to hurt himself is there anything I can do to prevent him from climbing up the wires and falling?

Does he have a wheel? Usually if they have a wheel, climbing the cage isn't so interesting.

You can weave plastic in and out of the bars up to a level he can't reach. Plastic report covers work or the dollar store sells thin but stiff plastic placements and cutting boards that work great. Even cardboard such as from a cereal box will work. Cut to width and weave in and out of the bars.

No, he doesn't have a wheel yet. Our local petstore is currently out so we have to wait a few days.

Last night I guess his foot got stuck and i found him this morning.
Poor thing, I think he's okay though, he was bleeding but he's able to walk. i'm letting him rest in the aquarium I got him in :(

I will def. get the items you mentioned to help block him from climbing, if i ever decide to put him in back in the cage.. that scared me to death!:cry3:

Back