Good Cage??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessa.31

Hello,
Well I'd like to upgrade Aidens cage as soon as i get enough money, so im looking at different cage types, right now I have a large rabbit style cage, wire on top plastic bottom, its large enough but its kinda awkward to clean and its on the ground, Id like something off the ground, it would be warmer and more conveniant.
so i found this one
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753643&lmdn=Pet+Type
Is it okay?? I would take out the bottom grill, its removable and just use the plastic bottom? Would i be able to use it with my CHE??
Thanks,
Tessa

I want to start by saying that I have no idea about the cage because I know nothing about hedgie care... but I wanted to offer a suggestion. All of our chinchilla cages are set up on long folding tables, so that they are off the floor. I do have one cage on a stand like the cage pictured, and granted it's bigger/taller than the cage in your link, but I can't say I'm fond of how it rolls around the floor when the chins move and jump around the cage (granted, I dunno if that may/may not be a problem with hedgies). With the cages being on a table, they're about at waist-height, which makes them easy to clean and easy to get the pets in and out. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion Greychins, I was orginaly going to do that but I dont have a table long enough and i've looked everywhere and i cant find one at all, and the wheels arent a problem because im pretty sure a hedgehog would never be able to move it by themselves

The blue Prevue cage is a wonderful cage but it does need to have the grate removed in the bottom. Some people leave the grate there and cover it with coroplast then the plastic tray can become storage for hedgie things. Either way works well.

Greychins comment about putting your current cage on a folding table is a good idea. You could also use a coffee table, dresser or any type of cabinet. Flea markets, and thrift stores often have cheap tables and cabinets.

What is your current cage? Some types can be made more user friendly.

I have that cage for my chin, and it works well for me, it's really simple to clean, and I'm sure it would be hedgies adaptable :p

Back