Sunny Meadows Cages?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessa.31

Hello,
Im looking into a Sunny meadows cage, but im wondering if any of you have one or know someone who does, and are they reputable? do there cages come assembled? do they take long to ship?? ect. Anymore info would be great.
thanks,
Tessa

Are you talking about these? http://www.sunnymeadowscages.com/index.html

I personally would not use them for a hedgehog. The metal can hold the cold and since hedgehogs cant get too cold it would not be a good option for them. Also if your little one ends up needing a heating pad for supplimental heating it can hold the heat and possible burn your hedgehog.

I would also worry about rust. If you dont clean often enough or dont dry it well enough after cleanings I can see a cage like that rusting up on you.

For the prices they have listed you can make a C&C cage or a Sterilite cage and it would be a safer/prefered cage to the Sunny Meadows Cage.

No, not at all appropriate for all the reasons Melissa mentioned, plus the door doesn't look very big.

The best cage IMO is a plastic bottomed, wire topped rabbit cage with a large top opening door as well as the front opening door. Make sure if there is a wire grid on the floor that it is removable as hedgehogs cannot have a wire floor.

Back