Clinical Anatomy, Radiography,and Computed Tomography of the Chinchilla Skull

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite an informative article. Thank you for sharing. Will have to read it a couple of times to fully understand, but helpful.

Yea i thought so too. Why do people think it is okay to feed them fresh greens, if its been proven not to aid in digestion in anyway?

The article at least says discontinue if they have digestive issues, LOL, better than some vets! My vet dentist says no pellets, just hay, but I don't listen to that either!

THANKS, Dawn!!! That was VERY informative...I aced the test at the end!!! :thumbsup:

I know that many people don't take their chins to the vet except when they are sick. Those speculums and cheek pouch stretchers look pretty scary!!! No wonder they need to be sedated.

What is your personal opinion regarding twice yearly exams for dental problems???

Is it possible for a pet owner to discern the bumps along the jawline that may indicate early problems???

Any other advice regarding noticing early dental problems???

THANKS...

Since there is a chance of death every time a chin is put under gas, I do not advocate dental exams without symptoms. Slow gradual weight loss is the first sign of teeth issues, shows up prior to any other symptoms so regular weigh-ins are important.

You can easily feel bumps, along the jaw and also around the eye socket and cheeks.

Bumps

malo1.jpg

dawn, can you point me in the direction of somewhere online that goes over the gross anatomy of chinchillas? im wanting to look at it because of something i came across tonight... but i could not really find anything that covers the entire digestive tract from start to finish... they all leave something out somewhere and trying to piece it together was not the easiest of things to get done.

Back