C&C cage material

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

blueserenity22

I am absolutely in love with the C&C cages that so many of you have posted! I want to make that kind of cage for Penny because I think she'll really enjoy having some more space.

I've heard that you can get the materials from Target, but when I went there last night, the woman looked at me like I was crazy; I had been trying to explain what the screens looked like.

So, can someone tell me what store they bought their materials (the 'walls' and the flooring.. I don't actually remember what C&C stands for :duh:).

Thanks everyone!

I got mine at Target. Look in the storage section for wire storage cubes or wire shelving cubes. Mine are their clear poly storage cubes (solid sided). But if you go to the target website and search for wire storage cubes they will pop up.

Perfect, thanks! I found what you're talking about at Target, the other clerk and I must have been having a big communication breakdown. It seems I'll have to order it online. :(

Also, what about the plastic flooring? At a sign store, right?

If you have a Wal-mart, K-mart, Lowes, Costco, any of those places may have the cubes too. Just look around in the storage/shelving areas.

The coroplast can be found in sign shops. Give them a call and see if they have any they will sell. Cavycages.com also has some other places you can try: http://www.guineapigcages.com/cubes.htm

i have a question, i might be getting a couple of same sex hedgies and i want a C&C cage but can they climb or jump like a guinea pig can (i had a very determined male guinea that could jump the wire cubical stuff, i had to make it 2 high instead of 1 high.)

if i made the cloroplast wall really high that could work right?

thanks,
Cassie

Hedgehogs don't jump, but some are good climbers. Some have made deeper sides to keep their hedgehogs from climbing, others have had to build a lid to keep their quilled friends inside. I've never used C&C as a cage, just for play areas and I use the poly cubes to prevent climbing attempts.

My hedgi cage

this is how we did our cages
sealed wood frame quality made, coro liner, wire mesh pannels
..... see pix please

as a tip to other hedgi owners try placing your dome up side down and filling it with beddding my hedgis seem to love it!! let me know if yours do too

more info at www.hedgehogvalley.webs.com

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 45
Canadashedgehogvalley

That is not a hedgehog safe wheel and why is there hay in the bed?

Where did you buy your metal grids from ?

Not only is the mesh wheel not safe, it also doesn't look to be large enough. Hedgehogs don't need hay.

Mander, at one time Costco sold those mesh grids. I haven't been to Costco in quite some time but that is possibly where they came from.

Back