Introducing a new chin - how will it change our relationship?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katsmchins

Hello!
I am looking to bring a new chin to my family. I have one 2 year old male chin, and am looking at a younger chin to pair him with. I've done a ton of reading on how to go forth with that, and my only real concern is how introducing a new chin will change my relationship with my older chin. He's a sweet, loving boy who lets me cuddle with him and give him scratches. He's very aware and has the best personality. We both worked really hard to get him here and to be comfortable around each other, so I am worried how bringing a new buddy in will change things between us. I am considering the new chin as my schedule is getting busier - I want to try to bond my boy with a buddy (though I understand this is a process and may not work). Please let me know if anyone else was having thoughts like this and how it turned out! I feel a little crazy worrying about our relationship, but he really is my best friend!

Thank you!

There really is no way to tell for sure. Anything can happen at any stage. Only real thing i can say is to take your time with it. Do your quarantine. Then make sure he has plenty of time to fully adjust before putting him in the same room with your chin.

Back