Chinnie Buddies-Do they work for you?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerk

Chinchilla Servant
I just ordered some chinnie buddies(I've ordered from Chinchic before and was very happy with the quality) for my two girls because at the moment they aren't ready to be introduced to each other yet and I thought they could use some friends.
Anyway, for those of you who have ordered them, how have your chins reacted? Do they cuddle them, beat them up, or have they just become really cute cage decoration?

i think it depends up on my chins mood one day he sleeps on it and the next day he pulls its around and jumps on it :)

My chin sits on hers to eat her hay. Otherwise, she drags it around the cage by its tail like a little kid with its favorite stuffed animal. It's cute. She never sleeps with it, though.

I have seen many happy customers of hers, I would say that they work, it is like a hammock or a tube that they enjoy being on.

I got my boy a chin buddy and he mostly sleeps with it, either half on top or snuggled up to it. I have caught him climbing up on top of the chin buddy to nap a few times :) and sometimes he'll jump all around it and though he's trying to convince it to play with him.

20131027_084603.jpg

20130928_143927.jpg

Tribble loves his Cuddlebuddie! He sleeps with it almost everyday. It's so sweet :)

2v284g8.jpg

I've had some chins that really like em, others that just end up with their cage buddy pushed to a back corner and never around the chin. Some males really like them, if you catch my drift. Just depends on the chin.

Oh my, Tribble is adorable with that buddy! I wish mine would use theirs, I bought one for each chinchilla years ago and neither of them would have anything to do with them.

My foster boy sits on his, drags it around (even into his hammock), and sometimes humps it. Overall I put his chin buddy in the success category for toys I have made.

I'm waiting to get paid and then I'm getting my little guy one too! He had a cage mate at the pet store, I feel bad that he might be lonely. I am DYING over the picture of Tribble. That is hands down the cutest thing I have ever seen in the world!!!

Just got mine a week or so ago and...neither use it ):. Well, the older one beats it up when she throws her tantrums but other then that they've become just decoration in the cage. The first day I did find my youngest chin had dragged hers to her food bowl but that's the most she's done with it. Ah well they're still cute!

My boys had a fleece pillow in their cage for about a year and didn't touch it. I moved it to the top shelf in the cage when I was cleaning last week, and it is now Dale Earnhardt's favorite place to sleep.

Attachments

• IMAG2113.jpg
    IMAG2113.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG2115.jpg
    IMAG2115.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 23
I stand corrected! I caught Buddha snuggling with his cuddle buddy the other day. Maybe he just needed some time to get used to it!

8ade5a5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back