chinchilla spinning wheel upside down?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so my boyfriend and i got a flying saucer wheel as a christmas present for our chinnie (we've had her since mid-september). she's had it about 3-ish weeks now and will use the wheel as a platform to get to another ledge, will fall asleep on the wheel, and will also do this:

KmMXVej.jpg

(pardon the barren cage, i was in the middle of cleaning her liners)

she literally gets on her back and spins her wheel with all four paws!!! has anyone's chin ever done this before? i searched all over the internet but it doesn't seem to be a very common thing for them to do. she's rolled over onto her back before (she rolled underneath a corner platform she has in her cage and hung out there for a bit) and she does it with the wheel several times a day. she never gets stuck or seems distressed, and usually when i come into the room she'll jump up and start going under the wheel and spinning it like she's trying to show off. i think it's absolutely hilarious, so i wanted to know if anyone else has ever experienced a similar situation! at this point, i think she's going to start "running" on the wheel that way instead of using it for its intended purpose :cute:

Typical crazy white chin. I had one that did that will a Chin spin. Crawled under it on her back and 'ran the wheel' upside down on her back

Back