Chinchilla Hedgehog play date?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgemom13

Hey guys!

I'm sure given the joint nature of this forum this has been asked before, but is it safe and/or advisable to arrange a playdate for a hedgehog and a chinchilla? I'm a new hedgehog owner and my friend is a new chinchilla owner, and we would love to have them in the same room/interact, but didn't want to do so without getting some general advice.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Chinchillas and hedgehogs require completely different environments. I would advise against a play date.

It's never a good idea to let different species intermingle. Chinchillas are also territorial and it is not uncommon when introducing them to one another for aggression issues.

I know this post is a couple weeks old but I have to comment a big no to this one. I have limited experience with chins but tons with hedgies and this just spells disaster. I am sure someone somewhere has done it with no problem but that would be a rare exception to the rule.

Back