White and red on heels

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sendra

Chin-zilla!
Hey there! My little girl had a bit of loose stool (not what this question is about though, I gave her some pet kaolin/pectin for it) so while I was cleaning her up, namely the back of her feet, I noticed that the back of her heels are red with a white spot. I've had to put an ointment on her feet before when they got red and they got a bit better (more pink than red), but they haven't had this white on them before. She doesn't seem upset or in pain when I press on them, but it still concerns me. Her feet are a wee bit glossy in the photo since I had just put on a bit of bag-balm. Anyone know what this is and what I should do about it? Thank you so much!

Further information about what her feet come in contact with:

Her cage is a ferret nation with metal pans and fleece liners and she has wooden shelves and fleece tubes. Some of her wooden shelves have fleece covers over them since the vet had suggested adding more soft surfaces when I had first brought her in for red feet about a year ago.
She pees in small pyrex dishes filled with kiln dried pine shavings.

Edit: Attachment isn't showing up on the post for me, so here is an imgur link. https://i.imgur.com/Cvcewex.png

Attachments

• TribbleFeet.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 20
Back