Tricky diarrhea

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One month later and he is holding steady. Has even gained a little weight. But still has almost daily short spells of loose pop or diarrhea. Been hand feeding a mix of Critical Care, syringe feed mix from Fuzzies Kingdom, herbal kidney support also fromFK and he still munches in his pellets, but not so much hay, of which I have about 4-5 different kinds for him to try. By the way, I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to Tanya of Fizzies Kingdom as she has been so helpful and supportive during this challenging time. I really believe in the quality of her products too and feed some of her herbal mixes to my other healthy chin.

The saga is over

A few days ago, Toby passed away. He had been doing so well, even gaining weight last week and staying relatively energetic. But the last two days I noticed he was not very enthusiastic during his hand feedings. I made a mental note to take him to the vet for evaluation, preparing myself for euthanasia as well, but he couldn't wait. Considering he was sick for almost 9 months, and that he confounded three different vets who couldn't figure out what was wrong until it was too late, he truly was my miracle chin.

We bonded well for the last few of those months while I cared for him, and we got into the habit of evening snuggles every night. He would bounce around the bed for a while, (maybe even pee on a pillow or two!) and then crawl up on to my tummy and eventually my chest, then up to my neck where he burrowed in like a tick and fell asleep. His companionship for the past 7 years was truly a gift. I will miss him terribly.

RIP mordacchione....

So sorry to hear this. Both of you put up a good fight. Rest in peace sweet baby.

Back