3 Story Critter Nation Cage Setup

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808chindad

Does anyone have a 3 Story CN cage setup that they can share? I'd like to see some photos of various layouts. I'm very interested in seeing how other chin owners have divided up their cage or if they kept it wide open providing the chins a lot of space for jumping. Any photos of your various setups will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't go up, I go over. My 5' height is way too short for 3 levels up. We used metal brackets to do 4 sections together so two 2 level cages side by side with the side panels removed. We slid a replaceable piece of wood into the gap between pans where the end panels would go.

Some of mine like it more open and some prefer lots of shelves. I have one that can make it through the 2nd level pan gap with nothing but an open cage and somehow manages to run a loop across the floor, up the wall, across the length of the ceiling, and down the far wall of a 2x3' section. Don't ask me. You have to see it. She'd entertain herself in an empty cage better than one full of stuff. Her cagemate on the other hand struggles to follow and so we have a couple shelves in there. This is their more open cage setup with the shelf mounted house https://i.imgur.com/O5gFSQc.jpg

Most of my others have the FN metal shelf that takes up 1/2 the cage replaced with a similar sized wood one, a narrow shelf down the back, a wood house or 2 on the floor, and a wheel. With 6' long levels spliced together.

Thanks Keala. I just recently added to my CN two story cage to make it a three story one. I used to rock climb and now I get to watch my chins do the same on a smaller scale. LOL. The bottom of my cage is a standard setup with a ChinSpin, hay and pellet feeders, water bottle, litter box , Bass Equipment pan and some ledges. I combined my second and third stories by removing what would have been the divider floor. It looks really cool having the second and third stories open in the middle. This section has another Bass Equipment pan with cutout, water bottle, hay feeder, and another littler box. I have two huge 6 inch diameter pipe elbows as their hideaways attached to the top of the cage and lots of intermediate ledges to get to the pipes. I hardly watch TV nowadays and just marvel at my chins abilities to climb and jump around the top sections.

I don't have a ferret nation cage but I do have a cage with a middle devider. We handmade the entire cage and I really liked to have a middle devider since my chins like their ledges but one of then is a little clumsy. So the middle devider keeps him from falling but when they get crazy energetic they can easily jump from the bottom to upper part. I also made it so I can open the houses and tunnels in case of emergency.
https://imgur.com/a/Tz3cJP7

Last edited:
Lisse, that's a sick set up. I like open layouts. My chins didn't like hammocks and my first incarnation of my cage looked a lot like yours.

My little contribution and thanks to the many ETSY artisans who helped me create my chins 3 story CN cage. It's a work in progress!!!

Attachments

• 1548917532488701.jpg
    1548917532488701.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
  • 1548917532514308.jpg
    1548917532514308.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 12
Back