My beautiful big Yuri

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hooked on Hogs
Last evening I found by beautiful big man Yuri had passed away sometime during the day. It was very sudden and was a shock. He was fine in the morning and I had him out talking to him and told him it was bath night tonight.

As is typical with Yuri's bath night, I left him for last. We like to cuddle and spend time together after a bath so I get the others cared for first.

I have no clue what happened my big boy. He'ed been acting and eating normally and nothing out of the ordinary.

Sadly, I knew I was going to loose someone. One week ago we helped Pixie cross due to an oral tumour. We never loose just one and I have numerous elderly so I expected someone else would be going. Never thought it would be Yuri. Also Wednesday night I received a phone call from the Ottawa Humane Society asking if I could take in a hedgie. In the past, very often when one is coming in, one leaves me. :cry3:

RIP my big man. We all love you.

Last edited:
I'm sorry Nancy :(... I hope you take comfort in your other little guys. Rest in peace Yuri.

Nancy, that sucks. I know you have mentioned the occurrence of those coming in and leaving at the same time before. Its too bad that is still happening. RIP Yuri.

I'm so sorry Nancy.

Be well Yuri. I hope you find all the hedgiehappiness you want across the Rainbow Bridge.

My dear friend Nancy; you give and give to the hedgie world. So many hedgies enter the next world with little smiles on their adorable faces because you gave them wonderful lives.

Back