Ways of Sleeping?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This little guy sleeps like this in his run. Just take a look at him. Adorable. Innocent cherub. Looking soft and adorable......
THINK AGAIN.....little #$% bites me when he doesn't want to be moved. Nothing serious. Freaks me out though. I curl my hand in a ball and push him backwards when he's in that mood. I'm the boss here!!! :D

I know exactly what you mean; Chinchillas are so loving and adorable... until you mess with them when they are sleeping!

Devilish little Creatures!

This morning has been stressful.

My chinnie Genni apparently got out last night. I started with playtime in the big chin room and didn't go to the small room until later. Her cage door was wide open! I don't know how that happened, maybe I didn't latch it well enough when I fed her and her friend yesterday. Bronco was still in the cage sleeping on his ledge....Genni was gone. Their cage is on the top of their cage rack...so she had to have fallen the 6 feet to the ground.

So, I immediately freaked out because that's the best thing to do, right? I looked all over the house and couldn't find her. Well, she was peacefully asleep on top of the flat rate boxes in the supply closet. I scooped her up and snuggled her for about 10 minutes and gave her a kiss and put her back in her cage. The entire time she just looked at me like I was insane. "Why are you crying? I was sleeping and you woke me up!"

Anyway, she is fine and this is what the chins have turned me into when I find that someone has escaped.

im new to the chin world and my little guy so far has just slept in the normal upright position until last night. I went in to check on him and he was on his shelf on his side with his feet all sprawled out...he looked comfortable so I hope it is normal..lol

Snapped a picture of him wedged between his food bowl and bars of the cage!
DSCF2929.jpg

Sleeping chins are adorable! When my boy is awake that changes to ROTTEN!:wacko:

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 56
OMG that is so cute!!!!
All mine does is lay sprawled out on his saucer

:pillowfight:

Hahaha every time my chinchillas sleep weirdly, I think their dead and frantically poke them! I don't think they like it... Haha but my first chinchilla died of heat stroke (RIP Mr. Mumbles) so I'm super paranoid about that anymore.

I need to catch a picture of Dessy. Ever since I hung her chew tube on the side of her cage it's become her favorite sleeping spot. The problem is, she also loves chewing and shredding said tube (I find a little pile of pieces under it every day so I know she's not eating much, if any of it) so it's getting shorter on the bottom. Now when she sleeps in it her head hangs out of one end and her butt out the other. It looks so uncomfortable but she even prefers it to the new tube I hung up.

I have a blanket drapped over the area of the cage where she sleeps. I have still never seen her asleep after 13 years. She always wakes up when I come in.

Carl likes to lay down when I lay down. So if I lay on my bed to read or do homework, he sandwiches himself against the cage, sometimes with his nose sticking out and then falls asleep. It always warms my heart because a year or two ago he never would've fallen asleep with me in the room. Just goes to show we've bonded over the years! :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408855594.865697.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG that is so cute!!!!
All mine does is lay sprawled out on his saucer

Sophie.jpg

from a few years back'

Back