Chronicles of Rhino

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just for kicks, i put the first photo of his cage in this thread next to a photo of what it currently looks like. OMG! what a difference! lol.

i love Rhinos mohawk stripe! haha.

His cage looks GREAT.. definitely a spoiled fur-butt :D

found out the best thing about Rhino's cage today. i can put my head/shoulders/arms in through the upper door, rest my arm on a shelf that goes from front to back of his cage, and he'll hop up on my shoulders and groom me! chinchilla whiskers in the ear tickle by golly! :rofl: and oh, i'm now sporting the teensiest lil nick on the cartilage of my ear...... Rhino doesn't groom very much like a gentleman sometimes...... lol!

some new shots from tonight! :))

my handsome lil guy
Image0504.jpg

anybody recall me saying Rhino never goes in his tube??? yeah...... the stinker made a fool outta me right after i said that! lol.
Image0503.jpg

could he be any dang cuter??
Image0502.jpg

seems i'm due for my monthly Rhino photo update! lol

my sleepy lil guy, getting annoyed at mommy for trying to take pictures during nap time
Image0571.jpg

his 'spokes-chin for oxbow' shot, lol
Image0556.jpg

he has this love/hate thing going on with the vacuum. hates it when it's on, loves it when it's off!
Image0547.jpg

mid-dusting. i just missed a cute moment of him peeking over the edge of his dust bowl. i told him 'hold very still, mommy has to get her camera!', but alas, he didn't listen.....
Image0549.jpg

his lil container of shredded wheat crumbles. i let him nibble straight from the container, and when he's had a few bites i take it away. i literally have to lift his paws off it, he hangs on and tries to dive in for more! lol. sorry for the fuzzy shot, i was giggling at him at the moment.
Image0539.jpg

I just want to say that Rhino is the cutest standard I've ever seen! :) Chinnymom I love how when I had an older account and had questions about my chinchilla when I first got him, you were always the one to help me, and you're always so nice about it!
Also, I have the same cage this you did in your older photos (the purple super pet one). This cage works okay, but like anyone else, I really want a bigger one. Anyways, I noticed you have a fleece liner for it! Where did you get it? If you made it what are the measurements?

Rhino's old cage isn't purple, it's the blue and white 'chewproof' superpet cage. currently it is Guss's quarantine cage. it's a decent size, but the small doors can be a bit of a pain in the tookus. that's why i like Rhino's big cage, i can fit my whole upper body through the doors!

as for the fleece, i got the blue/green/yellow 'squares' set from AnnieO here on the forum. the whole set is a hanging house, fleece tube, bottom liner and cuddle buddy. the solid green fleece i picked up from my local fabric store, along with some blue as well. the blue and green solids match the blue and green in the patterned fleece set. lucked out with great timing, the fabric store was doing a huge sale on fleece, about 5 bucks a metre! woo hoo! lol.

no problem :))

stay tuned folks! my kiddo is going to help me pick out some of her toys for props for a couple of photo shoots tonight..... let's hope the boys cooperate! lol. thinking said shoot might involve a custom made dollhouse....... :D

Rhino looking exceptionally adorable while climbing on Guss's cage (i was right there the whole time, just to be on the safe side)

IM000327.jpg

peek a boo momma! i see you!

IM000337.jpg

yep, a doll with an attitude, lol! ever since Guss moved in to the chin room last weekend, Rhino has been rather 'snooty' with me. nothing extra apple twigs won't fix though :rofl:

oh boy folks! i'm way overdue for new shots of Rhino in here!

waving hi to momma :))
Image0788.jpg

a quick visit before i run off to work in the morning
Image0635.jpg

mmmmm....... stick.........
Image0617.jpg

my new favourite photo!
Image0637.jpg

Back