Wheel that I made

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O thats too bad. Its alright, just get back to the drawing board. What you've accomplished is still leaps and bounds for what I can even produce.
I may be wrong, but I know that with the bearing, since chinchillas are dusted, sometimes the little sand particles get into the bearings and make noise. Do you know of any products that would prevent this? You seem to have done research. Let me know when you have the prototypes complete, Im really interested to see how they turn out.

That's too bad Steven. I was hoping I'd be able to point people to you soon for their wheel purchases!

Have you thought about contacting a metal working shop and working with them on a prototype before investing in a bunch of equipment? It might cost you a little at the outset, until you get all the kinks worked out, but they may have some really good suggestions on a metal for you to use that would fit what you are envisioning.

Also, and I did not go back and read the whole thread so if this was mentioned I apologize, but have you checked into stainless steel pots/pans? They would be light weight still I think (at least mine seem to be) but I would think would be more sturdy than an aluminum one.

Back