R.I.P. Marigold- you will be greatly missed!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

Vampira_666

November 14th, 1004- March, 25th, 2009

Sorry this message is so long...

Marigold was an amazing lil' girl- she was the friendliest hedgehog I'd ever met and she gave me much joy in my life! She was a shining lil' ball of quills the first time I met her and she annointed on my hands the entire time. I knew from Day one she was meant to be mine! She was the most amazing Christmas Present I could have ever asked for! I was so Happy the Day I brought her home! She settled in very quickly and went everywhere with me! She was always so friendly no matter who you were. There were plenty of times I remember letting a lil' kid or their parent touch/pet her and she was always so well behaved! Approx. 9 months after comign to live with me she was bred toa wonderful male hedgehog and blessed me with the joy of 4 beautiful lil' hoglets! They were the cutest lil' things ever! I always loved spending time with Marigold. She always put a smile on my face no matter what kind of day I was having! She was such good listener also ;) then unfotunetly I had to give her up... and I thought it was going to be the hardest day of my life was having to say goodbye to her (8 months ago) and send her back into the care of her first owner/breeder because of an awful allergy I developed to her after the baby was born (I tried everything to be able to keep her- bedding change, more frequent baths, washing my hands after handling her, allergy meds etc. But to no avail) And I knew she's be in great hands and that I'd get to see her every so often when I went to visit. But the hardest day was yesterday! She lived a good life. and she will be missed dearly!

She passed Peacefully yesterday in her sleep while in the care of her first and only other owner/breeder (Brandi), but she will be greatly missed by alot of people! She joins her beautiful mother Keyaira over the rainbow bridge where I'm sure she'll be happy for eternity!!

the day I brought her home:
Picture019.jpg
Marigold and her "bestfriend" Allie:
Marigoldpics153.jpg
Marigold and her Mom Keyaira:
hedgies026.jpg

Last edited:
a few more...

Marigold enjoying a nice day out in the sun:
marigoldlickingfinger.jpg
all snuggled on top off her fleece igloo cover:
Marigoldincage4.jpg

R.I.P. My beautiful girl-- I'll miss you dearly! :(

I have so many pictures I just wanted to post them all but I knew I couldn't!

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss. She looks like a very happy, sweet girl.

I remember from long ago when Marigold was with you and how much you loved her. I am so sorry.

Thank you- she was a very happy and the sweetest lil' girl I knew! I loved her dearly and will miss her more than words can describe!

Not having her in my care for the last 8 months certainly didn't change how I felt about her or how much I cared about her and it feels like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms snuggling her. (it's hard to beleive she hasn't been with me for 8 mths already, although I have seen her inthe last 8 mths) And now I'll never get to hold her or snuggle her again :(

one of my favorie pictures of her turned into a memorial
ripmarigold.jpg

Last edited:
What a precious girl! The picture with the cat is awesome! I'm so sorry about the loss of your little angel!

I just rejoined the site (as I finally decided to add another hedgehog to my family)... & this certainly brought tears to my eyes. I miss you baby girl! <3

Back