Hello!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaveng7

Greetings everyone, I joined this forum finally after finding myself reading several threads here whenever I was looking for some information to help with my raising chinchillas, and today I decided to join! I have never joined a forum of any sorts before so I apologize in advance if I don't know what I'm doing haha. I'll now tell a bit about myself, and my chichillas of course!

My name is Zaven. I am 15 years old and I live i the United States. I'm also a guy for anyone wondering. I am home schooled however I love to get involved with the local high school for clubs and such. I especially enjoy theatre, music, woodworking, and Brazlian Jiu Jitsu, a martial art I have practiced for basically my entire life. I have always been an avid animal and wildlife enthusiast, but I first gained my love for chinchillas when I held one for the first time in the 6th grade on a trip to a nature center of some sort. (It was quite a while ago so the details are quite foggy, sorry about that haha) That's enough about me though, on to my chinchillas.

I own two male chinchillas, named Leo and Vinnie. I first welcomed Leo to my home back in November of 2014, on my 13th birthday. He is now a little over 3 years old, and has a standard grey fur coat. Vinnie was welcomed to the chin family on the same day, two years later in 2016. He is a bit over 1 year old and has a beige coat. (I will include some pictures of the two below.) Leo is usually pretty calm and sweet, and can also be very curious and quite the explorer. Vinnie, on the other hand, is far more crazy and energetic, and on top of that much more finnicky when it comes to being held by new people especially. I love them both and they both get along very well despite their seemingly polar opposite personalities.

I will likely post quite a bit of questions for those more experienced than I, for even after nearly 3 years of owning chinchillas I have a lot to learn and improve on my skills raising them. I hope you enjoyed reading my introduction, and I hope you will enjoy my future posts here. Bye!

Attachments

• 20170721_025601081_iOS.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 12
  • 20170721_025643434_iOS.jpg
  • 20170721_025811715_iOS.jpg
Back