Tree fell on coop - chin got out - dog killed it ...now what?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ankaa

So, I came across this craigslist post: https://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/grd/6142099204.html

I'm not yet a chin owner but I've done my reading and everything about this screems "wrong wrong wrong".

I don't have the means of taking her in (at least not yet), but there is one lonely neutered male sitting at the humane society waiting to be adopted (and as far as I know he was with a female, before, but the female already got adopted a while ago). I wonder if I should "rescue" the female from the post and take her to the shelter ...who knows who answers on those kind of craigslist posts and whether even the right people will see it, but if she's still being kept outside I feel one should act sooner rather than later (this is Hawaii, it's HOT during the day - and friggin humid, that area is prone to be rainy)

Any thoughts?

chins cant be kept outside in a chicken coop type thing. The weather alone will kill them. Not to mention all the other possible dangers.

Honestly, from what little is in that post, i would say that if you can get it and bring it inside to a controlled temperature area... it would already be a mass improvement.
It sounds like its only a matter of time for that chin until something bad happens.

I'm trying, but I just can't get a hold of them. They didn't post a phone number and didn't reply to my craigslist-inquiry :(

Back