• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

hay cubes and blue cloud/pumice rocks

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shenanigans

I would like to find somewhere that sells Timothy hay cubes in larger amounts. I currently get them at Anderson's in the pet section and get like 15? or so cubes for $7. My two new boys love to tear these apart so I was thinking of getting them more often, but I'd like a cheaper option. I've seen alfalfa cubes more places, but not timothy hay ones. Any ideas?

Also I'm looking at getting some blue cloud/pumice/lava rocks. Previously have had the lava ledges and triangles for the pet store and my three love them. One only nibbles a bit, he's a wood lover, but again, my two new boys like destroying stuff so I'm interested in getting some of that. I think I've seen two vendors out toward AZ/CA but was wondering if anyone closer to MI sold them. I have to look around for the best price including shipping- and the worst price to convince my guy I got a good deal. He likes good deals (hes looking at getting a Sam's club card when we already have a Cosco's) and I can spend more on the chins that he would normally want us to that way. Shhh, dont tell him that I figured him out.

Also if you've got this stuff or anything else the chins may like and want to trade for wood, let me know and check out the wood Ive got for sale (grapevine, poplar, apple, pear, and blackberry)

I sell blue cloud dust and blue cloud rocks. I just picked up some Standlee timothy/alfalfa cubes today.

I sell blue cloud dust and blue cloud rocks. I just picked up some Standlee timothy/alfalfa cubes today.

are the cubes 1/2 and 1/2 or do you have just timothy available? and what are your prices for those and rocks?
(I've seen you had a few price changes.)

Googled Stanlee cubes cause Im not patient and wanted to know if it was 100% timothy. looks like I can get them really cheap 5 miles away. (40 pounds for about $17) the timothy I got had small amounts of alfalfa but was mostly timothy, but was $7 for about 1 pound.
I prefer all timothy or as close as possible, but for that price difference I'll do more alfalfa- but probably near me- it's cheaper than the shipping would probably be from you. Dont know what I'd do with 40 pounds- build the chins a fort?
Still interested in blue cloud rocks though- I saw some on AZchins and whimsey's sites. (I was trying to keep me from going on everyone's sites, I buy too many things). Whimsey had 2 kinds of rocks- a lighter kind she said was more like cheetos to chew, and a denser kind for heavy chewers. What's yours like? I've only gotten the pet store "lava" stuff before and as you can see from the price difference on cubes that they aren't the cheapest places to get stuff-and usually less natural and healthy.

Suposedly 100% timothy cubes I've found online
https://www.bio-serv.com/product/F1011.html about 20 pounds for $53, a lot more expensive than the standlee 50/50% mix
http://www.ontariodehy.com/tab02-06.htm 50 pounds bags for ??? no ways I can see to buy from the website or a store/vendor locator. Also in Canada...
Found a few more places like ebay and what not but most seem to use alfalfa to hold it together or something.
Snickers- thanks for the brand name on the cubes, and sorry Im not getting them from you, that makes me feel bad but I cant justify it with what shipping would have to be, I'll probably take some rocks from you as long as it's even closely priced to whimsy and AZchins. You gave me the brand for those and I wont be tempted to spend more going back to sites with a ton of stuff. (hopefully) Shoot me a PM for pricing?

Prices on rocks:
rocks
1 - 5 lbs $5.50
6 - 9 lbs $5.25
10 - 15 lbs $5.00
16 - 20 lbs $4.75
21+ $4.50
about 4 - 6 rocks a pound.

Back