Chipped tooth

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

Last night at play time, Tiquita and Talia got in a fight. While running, Tiquita ran into a shelf I had leaning against a wall (I was cleaning their cage). She immediately began pawing at her mouth. Upon inspection, I found she chipped one of her bottom front teeth. I can bring her in tomorrow night to see the vet, but I was wondering what would be done there? She is eating and acting fine. Ive read that mouth injuries can cause teeth to grow crookedly. Will she be able to tell if that will occur so shortly after it happened? Should I bring Tiquita to the vet tomorrow or would the stress of the visit do more harm than good?

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

The vet could trim the incisors so they are the same length and will grow out the same length. The issue with face injuries is the teeth can fracture below the gum, so be prepared to hand feed if the chin won't eat.

I think it is better to show here to the vet and he will tell you what is better to do with that situation

Back