Chinchilla: weird ear lump

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oMilez

Hi I just got my chinchilla about a month ago and a couple days ago I saw this lump on the end of her ear. I thought it was nothing and was just a little bit of dryness. It still isn't gone and tried to gently get it off but it won't budge. Does anyone know what it is?

Picture: https://gyazo.com/6291c72745f4aba6564207d81f5f44d3

Not sure what that is, you might want to get it checked out by the vet.

Not sure what that is, you might want to get it checked out by the vet.

Might go see one, but I also read around that bag balm helps with ear and feet stuff. Could just be dry skin but just so weird never seen anything like it.

Bag balm does help with dry cracked skin, not lumps, it's like putting moisturizing lotion on yourself. Accumulation of dry skin, if that is what you think it is, would take day or weeks to accumulate not just show up one day. It wouldn't hurt to try using some bag balm and see if that softens it up. It could very likely be an abscess though, and bag balm is not going to help with that.

It doesn't really look like a lump it's more like a flat, dry, extension on the ear. If it's not gone in the next two days I will most definitely be taking her to the vet just to see what it is before it gets worst. I don't think it is Abscess because my chin never been cut or bitting by another animal.
Thanks for the help!

Back