Help! What is wrong with his ear?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbyxrd

Ok so Oscar had started to get a little crusty after we used different dust emptied it out and changed everything.. - we clean the poo out every day and empty clean and new bedding 2-3 times a week- over the weekend Oscar somehow escaped and spend the night on our back deck. But now his ear is worse!! I had cut some of the dried crusty fur off under the ear. He's not favoring 1 side or constantly tilting to one side and it's not really red or anything it's just crusty and gross looking!! What can I put on this to clear it up??? And how do I get an URL for a picture?!

Has he been to the vet yet? if not I would get him checked out by a vet to rule out infection or ear mites. I wouldn't put anything in his ear until you know what is causing the crusty stuff. The vet should be able to tell you what to use. The fact that he isn't tilting his head or anything just means what ever is causing it probably hasn't damaged his inner ear, yet.

As to pictures, it's best to upload them onto a photo share site then link them here, if you mean what website to use, Here is a list of sites.

Back