Just for fun and education

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuddlebug

This picture is of a little female born here. Just for the fun of it ( I already know the answer since I bred her) I would like people to guess her color and her parents' colors. I think this could be a learning opportunity for some of our members. Her name i s Ilmare' but she ended up with the nickname of Woofy becasue she looked like a husky when she was little.

Attachments

• Ilmare3.jpg
    Ilmare3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Imare2.jpg
    Imare2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 31
Is she a mosaic? That would be my best guess, although I'm fairly new to chin colors ^^' As for parentage, I would say that at least one parent was a standard and one was a mosaic or lighter colored chin.

Oh my goodness! :heart: She is gorgeous!
I don't know much about breeding as my only interest is pet, but I will take a guess!!

She sort of looks like she has the mosaic mutation, but it looks darker than most I've seen. I wonder if it's still considered that if it's not exactly white coloring? I'll guess that she is Ebony Mosaic, with the parents being White Mosaic x Ebony.

This is fun, I am interested to find out the answer. :))

Mount Zion Chins is correct! Her mother is a Dark ebony (Color Class champion) and her father is a TOV white mosaic. My introduction to her arrival occurred when I was cleaning the cage next to hers. I heard a lot of squeaking coming from her cage. I looked over and her mother was in her house with her head sticking out of the door. Just then this white and gray ball of sass came jumping over momma's head, did a full 180 spin and began to furiously bite at her mother's face. Apparently the little one was born hangry - hungry and angry. I checked to see of there were more babies - 2 more. when I put her back in, she immediately began to attack her sibs so I ran upstairs for the goat's milk and fed all three to avoid sibling fighting.

Her color has faded tremendously though she still had quite a bit f the darker markings and is keeping her really dark paw spats.

Mount Zion Chins is correct! Her mother is a Dark ebony (Color Class champion) and her father is a TOV white mosaic. My introduction to her arrival occurred when I was cleaning the cage next to hers. I heard a lot of squeaking coming from her cage. I looked over and her mother was in her house with her head sticking out of the door. Just then this white and gray ball of sass came jumping over momma's head, did a full 180 spin and began to furiously bite at her mother's face. Apparently the little one was born hangry - hungry and angry. I checked to see of there were more babies - 2 more. when I put her back in, she immediately began to attack her sibs so I ran upstairs for the goat's milk and fed all three to avoid sibling fighting.

Her color has faded tremendously though she still had quite a bit f the darker markings and is keeping her really dark paw spats.

:eek: Wow! What a feisty little one.

Back