Deciding a name

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloSweetie

I know personality has a great deal to do with choosing a name but I'm trying to get a list together of possibilities. If you care to help that would be great! I meet my chin in May so I have awhile to think this over!

~Nicole/Doctor River Song

When deciding names if something doesn't just immediately come to mind, I run through things I like, TV shows, films, musicals, books, singers etc and pick either a character I like or a name of someone/ something to do with it. So my chin is called Astrid, after Kylie's character in Doctor who as I'm a fan of Kylie and I like DW (or I did that doctor!). I also try and match the name to something about the chin, colour, personality, appearance, but you find whatever you pick your chin will just grow into his/her name:)).

Aww I love beige chins.
I also get my ideas from tv shows, movies, Disney, etc.

And now for random names;
Meeko
Stitch
Deigo
Scrat
Sid
Joey
Andy (like andes mountains lol)

Well you could just wing it... My dog knows precisely who I'm talking to when I yell numb nuts out the window.

On a serious note, how about... Blake?

For me, I find that spending time with my animals helps with naming them. :) I named my first chinchilla (Nobu) after a clothing brand that I had since I used to wear (no boundaries) when I was a kid. I wanted a cute name for a cute fuzz ball so I made it up. It was not until later that I realized that Nobu is an actual name and it is Japanese for faithful. That is pretty accurate with him since he loves to get on my shoulder and stay by my side. :)
Here are a list of names that I made when I was getting my second chinchilla:
Milo
Kyo (Key-O) *Name of my second chinchilla that was a homozygous beige male)
Vinny
Gizmo (from Gremlins since they are a bit like them, especially the no getting wet part. lol).
Bo
Chino
Finn

I hope this helps you. :)

I like names from country of origin as starting place so here's some from Peru
Ruq'a = generous/affectionate
Masi = companion
Quari = brave, male
Achiq = light, bright
Kusi = happy (Cusi is female)
Takiri = creates music and dances

Back