Chinchillas and marijuana

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I met a girl in my league recently who worked for an animal rescue in the VA/DC area. When I mentioned I had chins she told me a story about how some woman used to call them and ask them if it was ok to get her chin high... I guess she must have been smoking the same stuff the original idiot was to think it was even an option for a chin. SHeesh!! Just dumb!

Is there actually proof that mj is bad for you? I'm not saying either way, but is there actually proof? I'd much rather hang out with stoners than drunks, and there are a lot less people killed by stoners than drunks. I actually can't think of one instance where someone said yea, he got stoned and beat me again... But yet you can buy alcohol freely.

I had a pony who ate it all the time. During the war hemp was grown at my grandpa's farm and the pony loved it...

Is there actually proof that mj is bad for you? I'm not saying either way, but is there actually proof? I'd much rather hang out with stoners than drunks, and there are a lot less people killed by stoners than drunks. I actually can't think of one instance where someone said yea, he got stoned and beat me again... But yet you can buy alcohol freely.

I had a pony who ate it all the time. During the war hemp was grown at my grandpa's farm and the pony loved it...

Yes, there is tons of scientific research about the effects of marijuana on people. Along with the normal 'high' effects, it lowers your blood pressure and increases your heart rate, increasing the risk of heart attack by something like 3 times.

It is a carcinogen (it has a lot more carcinogens than tobacco smoke), increasing the risk of lung cancer. People who smoke marijuana face the same lung problems as cigarette smokers. It contains something along the lines of 3x the amount of tar of cigarette smoke.

It also inhibits some of the body's blood cells to fight off infection, lowering the immune system.

Only some of the things that I remember...

So how exactly does that compare with alcohol? Doesn't sound any worse to me...

Not saying anyone is giving their chin a beer or anything, just saying it's socially acceptable to drink, but not smoke pot. Double standard if you ask me.

I wasn't comparing it to alcohol, you asked if it had been proven if marijuana was harmful so I listed off some of the harmful effects.

I believe in the medical use of pot as it has helped people suffering and increase apatite. if used like that the side effects are no worse than any medication you could be taking and often are lower. and other than that if someone wants to you have a right to treat your own body how you see fit. as long as you don't make someone esle. I have no interest in pot whatso ever personally.

that being said when I was studing psychology before getting my degree I did volunteer in the nueroscience lab where some of the studies were illegal drugs, marrajuana could not be used as it was so hard to regulate how much was actually getting into the systems, but I have seen the effects---the actual physical effects of other drugs on the brain it is kinda scary.

unfortunalty and fortunalty we cannot control the actions of others it is a absolute right to do what you want IMPO. Freedom is just that the freedom to make your own choices and that is what we fight for and have based our society on. It seems we lose more freedoms all the time. But right or wrong you should have the right to live your life as you please. again as long as you aren't taking anyone down with you so to speak...

I am done with my hormonal rant now and as a warning may change my mind in the next 15 minutes......

My feeling are that pot can't be good for you, esp. in excess. The reason I feel this way is you can visibly see who is a "stoner." It seems to change the persons intelligence and demeanor. Perhaps it's ok for a adult in small amounts, but most kids (prob adults too) who do it, seem to do it to excess IMHO

Stoner and chin mom here. My baby is 4 years old and introduced himself to my stash one day. He has never had any negative reactions and I give him stems and he occasionally has a very small bud himself. It's always about moderation. Yes a large amount may be bad for then but a little doesn't hurt. Marijuana does have health benefits though many of you would disagree. I had 2 after my uncle gave me a rescue but I wasn't informed of his upper respiratory infection. He passed away after 2 weeks and got my baby sick. He wouldn't have held on if it wasn't for the marijuana. I had him on the meds but had a big mess with the vet that wanted to believe it was his teeth not him being sick. He has constant toys and blocks to grind his teeth down with. I gave him yogurt kept him on the medicine and gave him some stems and some very small buds and he pulled through. Honestly it's all hearsay because most of you don't look at a PLANT that has medical properties in a good light. It is not a narcotic it's natural it grows from the earth that way. And we all know chins are all about natural food. It gives my guy an appetite (which he didnt have when he was sick) and energy where he'll run on his wheel for about an hour and go to bed in his hammock. I'm not saying blow smoke in their faces and give them a 20 sack but a little bit isn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back