Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Health & Hygiene
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chin Health & Hygiene Anything to do with the health or hygiene of a chinchilla - post it here!

Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 PM United States

Chinchillas: 1
Question Does My Chinchilla Have Bumblefoot?

Hi! I'm new to this forum but have been a chin owner for soon to be 10 years! Maybe I'm being paranoid, but ever since I found out what bumblefoot was, I'm worried my chin, Sesamee, may be developing it? Maybe they're just normal calluses, but on the top pads of her paws, the skin/calluses there are starting to peel a bit and I'm not too sure about her feet either, esp her left foot. It just seems worse than the right and I'm getting worried. Just need some advice/feedback. Thank you!

https://imgur.com/a/ios6ld5
Old 09-14-2018, 03:52 PM Canada

Chinchillas: 2

Her feet look pretty good actually, just a little dried out. I don't really see anything that would make me think bumble foot. Bumble foot is an infection in the feet, are the feet bleeding at all? Oozing out puss? Cracked feet can lead to bumble foot if not treated and healed. You can use some bag balm on her feet to help heal the cracks. You don't want to soften the calluses too much, they need them (they are like shoe soles), just use it long enough to heal the cracks.
3 Dogs: Bear, Loki, and Blaze
Old 09-17-2018, 01:05 AM United States

Chinchillas: 1

Okay great- thank you! Her feet aren't bleeding at all or anything, I was just concerned because of the pictures we took, but it was just the angle that made her feet look different. We examined her again the other day and they looked fine! Thanks so much for the feedback though!