HELP i think my chin is in shock!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worriedalways

I let my little brothers (11 and 12) play with my chinchilla for a bit to give him some exercise for the day, which I have done many times before with no problems Which I will never do again And one of my brothers brought my chin back with really bad fur slip and smelled like pee, so from that point I just assumed he was spooked and needed time to chill out while I made sure he was ok. Then I put him in his cage and he was laying very flat and he made an attempt to crawl to his hut to get away from everyone but he couldn't stand up. I did move the hut so he could get to it but for about 30 minutes he crawled into his hut and layed there. He tried to walk but he had a limp. For about 20 minutes he sat in the corner of his cage or limped to another corner (also during this time he wouldn't accept any treats). But now he's walking around fine and even jumping on his ledges. I even tested to see if he would take a bath like my breeder suggested to a friend and he took the bath. I think he may be in shock and I'm going to take him to a vet tomorrow morning.

Any help will be appreciated. I know it was dumb to let my little brothers play with him, please don't remind me. I'm extremely worried.

Sounds like he had a seizure, too much stress or exertion can bring them on from low blood sugar, that said I would still bring the chin to the vet to check for other injuries and keep the chin away from rough play.

Back