Chew toy ideas and tips

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1tsjess

Hey guys! I'm wanting to make my own chew toys so any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Also if anyone knows of anyone selling any cool/interesting toys that would be great (although preferably people that ship from/to the UK would also be very helpful!)

Have you already found chinchillas2shop in the UK? You have to check back often as her stock will vary but her shipping is quick and reliable.

Galen's Garden is great for sticks. Apple is a favorite in this house! And one of those big bags lasts a while.

Once you know what your chins like, you can also have a hunt around on parrot supplies stores online. There are a few UK based ones that I've been testing out. They have a lot of the same safe shreddy type of toys that chins seem to like munching away on. :) Just make sure you're getting ones with no plastic, corn husk, etc...

My chinchillas like to shred cardboard tubes. Usually I stuff them with timothy hay or different mixes of hay for a fun shred toy. Just be sure yours doesn't eat the cardboard.

Back