Toys!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really depends on the hedgie. Satin loved her dump truck. Texie loved hedgiebags and a tube big enough to walk through. Bella loves hats.

With a new hedgie, I'd probaby go for a little bit of everything on the sorta cheap (but still hedgie-safe). Then, once they've declared their preferences, go crazy with it.

In addition to the above, I'd try little stuffed animals, a dig box (a container like a kleenex box with fleece pieces), toilet tissue tube (but only when you're there to pull it back off when it gets stuck).

Not sure if you consider it a toy, but a wheel is a must! Ellie loves her tunnel, cardboard egg cartons and plastic balls.

I got Sonic small tennis balls with a bell in it. he drags it around his cage. he also loves TP rolls. he also likes his small stuffed dog toy.

My izzy loves balls and also has a PVC tube that she will roll her balls into, or though to the other side... And will move the tube around as well... She loves trying to anoint with catnip and also has a few small stuffed toys she moves around the cage! :)

Sonic also like the tubes you get from petsmart that are 4 inches and you can shape them into any shape so he can go through them. here is a picture of his cage right now.

100_2088_zpsd31d9c1e.jpg

Back