Hedgie bed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie

Stuck on Hedgies
My newest blind guy, Humphrey Hufflelump, came with a small bed. It looks like a cat bed (the foamy filled kind with mini walls) but it is his size instead. He refuses to sleep anywhere else. I have stuck it into his igloo, and he happily sleeps on it. The problem is that it is coming apart and probably isn't the most hedgie-safe thing (loose threads are becoming exposed). Does anyone know where I can get one, or of anyone who makes one? I'll take a picture of it tonight (when the little guy is out for his nightly livingroom run). I'm just really not sure what animal it was originally intended for and don't know where to begin. I haven't seen it in any of our pet stores. It is too small to be for a ferret...

Could the owner have made it? There are instructions out there for making cavy cozies, or cuddle cups. Plus there seem to be guinea pig people who sell them. I made some for my girls and they won't sleep in anything else. I use a little fleece/flannel lined blanket that I throw over their beds.

Here is a cuddle cup: http://cozycavy.com/2.html

Those are them (though maybe a bit smaller). I think Nancy is right, they were likely purchased. Poor guy, the only thing he was probably ever given that he liked and then he was ignored until he lost both eyes (of which they didn't even notice had happened). Yet another example of why five year olds do not make good hedgie parents (as if we needed any more reasons).

I will search for some instructions on making them, I'd like to make some out of corduroy for him so he can dig to his heart's content without catching any toes. Thanks ladies!

You are welcome. They are the best I have found (that are free) so far :). The hardest part of making them is sewing a nice circle. I hope they work well for you.

As a side note, I made another Sunday for the new boy. He has been going under the cage liners the last few days instead of in the igloo he came with. I found him happily snuggled in his bed this morning.

Back