Heaters?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one is fine but for one hedgie I would go with a ceramic heat emitter. They cost less to operate and don't heat the whole room.

I would look into a ceramic heat emitter as well. I just recently got one for my hedgie and it keeps the temp. in her cage perfectly, and as Nancy said, it doesn't heat the whole room- so you don't have to be feeling warm.

I thought about that but I have the C&C cage with a 2nd story. And whatt if I get more hedgies? :D

edit: I want to add that my hedgie will be in her own room in the house. So far I've noticed the house stays fairly cool to the hardwood floors and don't feel like I have to run the heater all the time because of Sid.

Because of the 2nd story, would I need 2 heat emitters then?

Perhaps in your case the oil filled space heater would be a better option and would give you the opportunity to get more hedgies. :thumbsup:

Now we're on the same page. :winkers: LoL. Ok, just wanted to know if that heater was ok before I go and buy it.

ahh well if your hedgie is in her own room, then that makes a bit of a difference. Annie is in my bedroom, and before I got her the ceramic heater I had to crank up the heating in the house and could barely sleep at night. lol So if just the hedgie room is kept warm, that works perfect. :)

Back