Hello! Mom of 2 Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there everyone!

I got my first chin in 2015. ;) His name was Charlie and he was beige. He got sick down the road and he was only about a year and a half. I took him to the vet and they were not well experienced with chins; They couldn't tell me what was wrong and he ended up passing away. I didn't realize he was ill until there were scary signs of him not eating or drinking. To this day, I don't know what was wrong, but I gave him all of the love I could until it was too late :cry3:

After mourning Charlie, I continued to love chinchillas and did TONS of research from books and other chinchilla owners, fantasizing about someday getting another! I did some traveling for a while and when I returned home to the U.S. last year, I was scrolling online and found two rescue chinchillas in my area - a white mosaic male and an ebony female (spayed). The male had a head tilt, was running in circles, and had some milky discharge in his left eye. The female had slipped MOST of her fur on her back. Needless to say, they were not in the best shape.

My heart jumped at the opportunity and I brought them home in December 2017. I was so anxious to get them to the vet (the woman I took them from didn't know ANYTHING about chins) so I took them the following morning. To cut a long story short - I named the male Yuki and the female Rika. :thumbsup:

Yuki's head tilt and circle running is a thing of the past. Rika's fur has grown back - it's full and beautiful! I am loving my chins more and more every day and I'm seeing a lot of improvement in their behavior.

I'm so glad to be apart of this community! I've already read a lot of useful information from it and now that I've learned my fill, I'm excited to give back by giving advice to others :heart5:

309jwgi.jpg

Back