Rescue RAILROAD

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank goodness everyone is home safe, I have been worried and thinking about everyone tonight. Good job everyone, those little chins are some of the luckest and most loved critters in the whole world to have all of these people driving them across the country!

WONDERFULL - this is amazing. All these people going WAY out their way to help the the chins. So glad most are home safe. Hope everything works out with Rick. He has done SOOO much for those chins. It is such a shame that now he as car trouble with a rented van.

I wanted to take just a brief moment and send a GREAT BIG

THANK YOU

to Rick and his wife.

:clap1:
Without Rick - NONE of this would have been possible.

Rick, Thank you for your countless hours of building carriers, planning, driving, planning some more, driving, emailing, planning, driving and did I mention driving? :bow:

Those of us in the mid-atlantic region braved the cold :cold:

As in the words of my 2 1/2 yr old's favorite show - the wonder pets...

What's gonna work? TEAMWORK!! :grouphug:

We got those chinnies to their new homes!

:hearts:

yes it was. what was NOT impressive was some of the area's ability to remove snow!
i swear i was never so happy to get back to NJ, where we actually know HOW to plow snow.
DELDOT should be ashamed of themselves! It's not like it was a surprise storm. My son coulda done a better job plowing and he is 9.
ok back to the chins..............they are all doing very well. they are all in excellant condition, just beautiful. rick did a great job building the carriers. and everyone did a great job getting to where they had to, despite the weather.

went out to my car this afternoon to go run and errand and dead battery!! Last night I was so happy to be home and had so much stuff to grab together in my car, including my little girl, not to mention I was on the phone with my mother (who had been worring about me all day) and I left the light on in my car :banghead:

One of my boyfriend's co-workers came by and jumped me thank goodness! Oh and when my boyfriend saw my car, he said "wow your car is a mess!" I have salt mess all over my car from my adventures yesturday, not to mention inside the car I spilled a bunch of food :banghead: when unloading my car and I have a nice collection of shaving in my backseat! Oh well it was all worth it! :D

Rick got a trade this morning for a pickup truck. He left Jacksonville about 11am. He only had 2 chins left so it worked out really well. He was quite happy that he had cruise control. :D

Depending on how long he stops in Pensacola he should be home anytime now if not already home. It's about 9 hrs without stops so he should be home soon.

I come here often and want to say I am amazed at all the wonderful work that has gone on for these chins. Rick is absolutely an angel for all he's done and his family is also wonderful for their support also. I am in awe of all who have helped.

The last 2 chins were delivered to Gloria in Pensacola about 5:30 yesterday.

The rescue effort is 100% funded.

If you cannot find Cavy Cuisine, Oxbow's Bunny Basic-T is the same pellet
without the vitamin C and is what probably should have been used in the
first place.

A summary will follow in a day or two. Otherwise only messages concerning
health concerns will be sent to this email group.

Thanks to everyone who made this happen.

Back