Poor Fluffy has a tumor

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your little guy, It is a terribly difficult decision, and I will be praying for him.

I am so sorry he is going down hill so rapidly. Sadly, that is how most oral tumours go. If he'es reached the wobbly stage, I don't think surgery is going to do anything but add suffering. It's a horrible decision to have to make, especially when it's your first experience with an oral tumour. We always want to have hope.

Hugs from us at theHedgieDen who have dealt with way too many oral tumours.

We chose to put Mr. Fluffy down yesterday. He was in pain, I could tell by the way he would not let me pet him and love him like he always did that he was in pain. It was getting almost impossible to give him his metacam, and I just couldn't bear the thought of seeing him in pain any longer.

He was a great little hedgie, so tiny and sweet. He got SO sick on car rides and threw up the whole way home when we first got him. I was so worried. I got one amazing year with him, and I am very lucky and grateful for that. Mr. Cranky pants, his brother we adopted at the same time, will miss him too. Although they did not get to play together, I know they still knew eachother were there, wheeling side by side. We burried him in the yard under our new Mulberry tree. He will always have a very special place in my heart. Good bye Mr. Fluffy, I hope you are running like crazy and eating all the crickets you can find!

I am so sorry that he was afflicted with this horrible cancer. He is healthy and free from pain now and I'm sure my gang were there to great him over the bridge.
Hugs

I am sorry for the pain you are feeling with the loss of your little Mr. Fluffy. How much you loved him to have made that decision. He is smiling on you now as he is happy and healthy and playing.

Back