Jack licked toothpaste

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Philogirl

Hi all,

Not sure if this constitutes an emergency or not...

Jack was getting his footbath and while I'm very careful to wipe the sink down before I bathe him, I think I missed a spot of toothpaste. Toothpaste is white, ceramic is white... my mistake.

Anyway, while I was scrubbing his feet, I noticed he was licking at something... I wiped my finger on it and it smelled like mint... he couldn't have been licking it for more than a few seconds. I'm calling emergency vets right now, but I wanted to know if anyone knew if this would be toxic.

Thank you!!! I was literally 5 seconds away from calling Animal Poison Control and paying $50 to hear the same answer.

Hmm.... do let us know if he has minty poops.

That would be AWESOME.... except it wouldn't motivate me to clean the wheels three times a day... but hey, then I'd have something better than a Glad plug-in!

I don't really like mint but anything is better than poop! Someone should probably move this thread before someone comes along and thinks that their hedgehog is poisoned...

Back