can anyone help???

• Thread starter MyHeggieSonique
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MyHeggieSonique

this is a picture I took of Sonique yesterday, I noticed under her chin looked a little puffy so when I cleaned her cage yesterday I took a look. I'm guessing it's a cyst, its round and hard. It doesnt seem to effect her eating and she doesn't seem in pain but I fear that it will get bigger as I've had a cat with a cyst and I ended up having to put him down because it was attached to his spine. she still runs around and runs on her wheel.
sadly I don't think any of the vets around here have treated heggies before, but I was told of a breeder around my area and if I get in contact with her she might have a vet that looks over hers.

Attachments

• SDC2856.jpg
    SDC2856.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 56
looks like an oral tumor.
poor baby.
go to the vet. asap.

Although my experience with hedgies is very limited, just to my Maddie girl, that looks like the tumor that Maddie had that ended up being cancer.

Sadly my hedgie Mr. Fluffy had a tumor like that and it was oral cancer. I hope it is just a tooth or something.

My hedgie Henry had a lump similar to that and it was a cancerous tumor, so we had to put him to sleep. I would definitely recommend a vet visit ASAP. I have seen some that get salivary cysts that get lumps like that as well.

Heather

Could be a lymph node or something else going on. Definitely time to find a vet and to have it looked at. If possible, ask doc about doing a fine needle aspirate. When my Riley's spindle cell sarcoma showed back up in his neck we knew it wasn't an infection because of the FNA sample. We did the same thing with Maui, her's was lymphosarcoma.

Good luck to your little one. Hopefully its just an abscess or some other infection that will clear up. Sadly, as many of us have experienced, these type of sudden lumps often turn out to be cancer. But we certainly will keep our quills crossed here that it is something easily treatable.

Back