Purple-redish mass on chest beside the arm...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiaSpice

Wheel Cleaner X2
It's not about Litchi or Tangelo rest assured.

Friend that has taken an hedgehog from her co-worker. I went to see her tonight and told me thta Capri (the hedgie) was kinda fat and needed a wheel. I came to check her an realised she has a big purple-red mass on her chest right beside her arms, like under a "breast" (sorry I don't know the apropriate word it's late). It's about the size of a quarter and it's not hard but soft. Obviously, Capri is bottered when I touch her there. I have no pic (she doesn't have a camera). What could that be, a tumor?

I've told her (and her vet tech friend too) to go to the vet, I suggested mine since she wasn't happy with hers. But she's not too keen on putting money for the hedgehog that isn't "hers" (she kinda regret taking it, and thrus me, I'm happy Nancy talked me intoo taking a rescue instead of this girl). So, what kind of procedure would they do? Blood test, biopsy? Thanks for your help and I'll root for her, but let me tell you there's no way I take her in, hedgie bugget is streched and I don't even have a place for quarentaine.

Is it red and purple like in the picture? That is a tumour but not a mammary tumour. Colour is the same though, I don't have a picture of any mammary tumours.

Attachments

• 2009,03,10 Muffin's tumour (3).jpg
    2009,03,10 Muffin's tumour (3).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 38
Poor Hedgie...I would definitely say it needs to see a vet asap. Best of luck.

It could be a mammary tumour. My Jube's mammary tumour looked the same except it was a bit smaller around and more bulged, sort of like a marble under the skin. How old is this girl?

I don't know, I don't even know if my friend does, I'll have to ask her. She's deffenitly an adult and she is a bit on the chubby side. It appears she can roll in a ball (but she didn't wanted to!) but she's kinda chubby on the side (not fat pocket). I hope my friend call the vet asap.

Back