Best Vacuum Cleaner

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heku

I wanted to know if anyone has suggestions as to which vacuum cleaner is the best for chin poop. I have went through 3 nice vacuums in the past 2 years thanks to my fuzzy. :thumbsup: Thanks in advance everyone

I think shop vacs are the best. I've also heard the animal by Dyson works well :)

I've had my Dyson animal for 6 months and I love it. Chin poop, shavings, hay, fur, dust, AND labrador and corgi fur. It only lost suction once when I wasn't paying attention and filled the canister. :S

I'd say to use a shop vac for all the chinnie mess. If you're looking for a good vacuum for getting the dust and everything out of the carpet, I would say to get a vacuum that has a bag. The bag vacuums are cheaper and I bet you could find one really cheap on Craig's List. They usually do a better job and don't require all the crazy filters. You can just toss out the bag when it is full and not get the dust all over the place.

I have a Kirby that my mom gave me years ago, it's a great vacuum - if you could find a used Kirby for a good price, I'd say to go for it. Oreck makes a great vacuum, as well. I don't really like the bagless vacuums because I have destroyed several of them and usually it only takes me a few months. In most of them the motor was damaged from chinchilla dust and fur. So far the Kirby has survived all the abuse of my high dust, high fuzzy fur environment. I do clean up with the shop vac before I use the Kirby so I can get the big stuff first.

I say shop vac. I have a 16 gallon Ridgid, which may be more than you need. I also purchased the allergen filter, which is much better at filtering out everything from the large stuff down to dust. Highly recommended if you have allergies!

I bought the 14 gallon quiet technology Ridgid shop vac from Home Depot for about $100 and it has worked wonders. I clean 6 cages with it and it doesn't really bother the critters. I can clean the cages with them in it. I also have a Oreck for the regular carpet. The shop vac is for critters. It doesn't get clogged and will suck up just about anything. You don't have to empty it often either because it will hold ALOT of chin poo and shavings.

So far---keyword there--my Dirt Devil has worked great. It's bagless, so you have to empty the canister a good bit. But if I vacuum regularly it's not too bad. Also the only time it loses suction is when the canister's fairly full......but that's saying a lot considering it sucks up a ton of poo/hay/shavings/dog hair (after I finish the cage).

I'm still wanting to get a handheld vac, though.....lugging out the vacuum everytime to spruce up the cages is a pain (especially when I have to put together all the attachments just to get my top half FN). :impatient:

I say shop vac. I have a 16 gallon Ridgid, which may be more than you need. I also purchased the allergen filter, which is much better at filtering out everything from the large stuff down to dust. Highly recommended if you have allergies!

This is what I have too and I like it. Shop vacs are sturdier IMO.

I have the 6 gallon version of this one with the diffuser (my bf tells me it makes it quieter, but I'm not so sure). Its the best yet I've used so far.

I agree with the others, Shop Vac is the way to go. I have a 16 gallon one from sears. It sucks up loads of tossed out shavings along with hair, poop and dust. I even use it inside the cages, the chins just move to the others side while I work. I use a teflon coated filter that is easier to clean out and reuse. I don't have carpet in the chin room, just one rug, so I just shake that out.

I'm another Shop Vac fan. I bought a small $20 one from Wal-Mart. It will suck up just about anything that I throw at it, and is fantastic for poop detail. My only complaint with it is that I wish the hose and intake valve were a little bit wider, as sometimes stray bits of hay will get lodged in there sideways. I don't know if being wider would actually help, but in my mind it would, lol.

I recently shopped a VENTE ST2010 FEATHERLITE CYCLONIC BAGLESS CANISTER VACUUM . Its like a boon for me.Helps me to keep my large house neat and clean.It is an extremely convenient way of cleaning hard to reach areas and works for the pet hair as well.Hard plastic and stainless steel are its basic constituents which makes it last longer for years and without any damage.The singular cyclone technology enhances the airflow and forcing the sucked up dust away from the filter and into the bin.You would never regret buying it.
$_35.JPG

Back