Cunipic alpha pro Chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never hear or tried that, but looking at the ingredients it doesn't really sound that good, not terrible, but not good. Chins really shouldn't have fruits, vegetables, or seeds, and this has peas, I'm guessing "vegetal origin sub-product" is vegetable by product, cranberries, and sunflower husks and oil. The protein seems a bit low, but not that much. I wouldn't be too concerned about fiber content since most of the fiber in a chin's diet should come from their hay (which should make up about 75% of their diet). Most chin pellets are around 16-18% minimum, I wouldn't go below 15% though.

Another option if chin food is hard to come by is trying rabbit food if they have it. Several people feed their chins high quality rabbit food, like manna pro foods or Purina rabbit chow, for examples. I realize you are unlikely to find those foods there but you can look at the ingredients and values to compare to what you do have.

i wouldnt use it if i had a better option. Fair amount of fruit/veggie/nut products in there. All of which they should have none of.
For chins unless you have some specific medical need for higher protein, then i wouldnt worry about that. They tend to focus more on fiber.

If you want to read some more in depth thoughts on food/nutrition then check this thread out.

Back