My chinchilla got wet from being in a fish tank

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinnychanga

My chinchilla jumped into an old fish tank and the water is very dirty and gross and i have no clue how long she was in there for. when i woke up this morning at around 8 or 9 i saw her in there and immediately used a blanket to dry he off the best i could and used a blow dryer to try and dry her. Im not concerned about her fur not looking as pretty, I just want her to be safe and not sick. She ate some of her kaytee yogurt treat, which is a good sign. but shes not not moving around. im going to take her to a vet tomorrow, but i cant today because of thanksgiving and im really stressing out. she seemed okay, besides her not moving as much. Im so scared for her.

That would be one situation that I would actually wash the chin, use mild soap and then use a hair drier on low or better yet no heat to dry her. Kind of comb and fluff the fur as you dry. Another thing is those yogurt treats are not good for chins, they can't digest dairy and can't properly digest sugars, and those things are full of both. Pretty much all Kaytee brand stuff is no good.

If she is not acting normal I would get her into the vet though, I understand that it's a holiday but emergency vets are still open. If she drank any of the dirty water, depending on what is in it, she could be dead by tomorrow.

Back