Homemade chew toys

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i picked up some wire from the hardware store (i believe it said stainless steel on the package), used what key rings, carabeener clips, binder rings, spring clips, and pear links i had kicking around, and got to stringing! lol. just make sure that none of the metal hardware is zinc coated, as zinc is harmful to chins. nickel plated is best.

I'd just like to pop in here and say thanks, chinnymom! I was thinking of making some toys for my chin and I didn't think rope would survive long (ha!) but I wasn't sure of what sort of metal to use.

So, thanks!

DIY supplies

Hello all,
I have been purchasing sticks and pre-made toys for my 5 (4 now) for years. I love the place I shop, but I really need to start making my own toys. The only problem I have, is that I have no idea where to buy my supplies. I can get the sticks and twigs are easy enough, but I don't know where to get the vine, for making hay balls, the paper rings, sea grass, etc. So if anybody can give me some web stores and shops I can check out, I would really, REALLY appreciate it. I live in Alaska, so finding chinnie supplies are near impossible.

Thank you all so much!!!!!

Back