Young Hedgie Humping?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't attached it to a flying saucer yet. I'm thinking for a FS you may want to invest a little more and get a wireless version of the odometer. That way you won't have a cable to deal with, and will have more options for the magnet/sensor placement.

However, I’m thinking if you attach the sensor at the front of the base with handi-tak and the magnet to the underside of the saucer it should register. If you use a wired version of the odometer there may be room on the back of the base to attach it with handi-tak. You will have to play with it, and if you do get it to work, you absolutely must post an image and tell us how you did it!

I ordered them last night and they will be here tomorrow. When I was thinking about it I was figuring on putting it on the base and the magnet on the back, that way they won't be able to get to it and lick it and annoint or anything. I got the one you put the link for Kalandra. It was $8 on target.com. Then with my employee discount and with 1 day shipping 2 of them were $25. I can handle that! :)

Nice deal! Really there is a variety of places you can put it.

I have 4 of those odometers and they have worked well for me so far. They aren't hard to program and give such a nice variety of data.

Susie, it's a PTI schwinn 12 function computer. I have no idea if it has a cord, but I'll let ya know tomorrow! I just cleaned their cages with Apple cider vinegar and changed to all fleece liners for both. I moved their wheels a little in prep for the odometers. We'll see if they move them back. :). Now Khaki is exploring everything and mace just went right to his bed. :). Silly lazy boy.

The one I posted is with a wire. The wireless versions are a wee bit more expensive.

I want to disinfect the bottoms of the cages and won't use traditional cleaners on their stuff. Apple cider vinegar will kill the mites (if any) and germs and won't hurt them.

got my odometers set up!!

OK!!! Got my odometers and set them up. Holy cow, I was struggling! After about an hour of trying to get it to work, I asked hedgiedaddy to help. Apparently I had the sensor on wrong. I didn't have the magnet FACING the transmitter....duh. So when you get yours make sure the magnet is really close and facing it.

:banghead:

I used my hot glue gun so that it would actually be pretty permanent. I didn't want them to be ripping it off like they would if it was just that sticky dough stuff.

sensorwheel.jpg

sensorcomputer.jpg

sensorall.jpg

I'll let ya know what they run tomorrow. I got up to Mace having a dirty wheel. Yippee!!

Yes, it worked well. I found out that they only ran a little over a half mile each. I had to put a piece of fleece over the sensor. My fatties push the wheel down so far it bumps the bottom of the stand. After I did that, the wheel is silent once more. :)

I know this is an old thread, but I'm living it NOW!! Chester starts humping the carpet or nothing at all when he is exploring the room. I haven't witnessed any "alone time" activities, but I am going to say a prayer that i do not see what POCOSTEF witnessed. I love him, but i don't want to see him being a pervert!! lol. Boys are so gross in every species.

Back