Swollen genital male parts

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rea22m

Hello,
I just registered here bc i am concerned about my chin. I have a male chine who just turned 1 last week.
I noticed today that his genital parts were swollen. There is no exotic vet in my country and i dont trust the ones we have so i thought i would ask here first.
I am attaching a pic so u can tell me if its normal or if not, give me some advice on what should i do.
I have searched for an online vet but I haven’t had any problem till now.

Attachments

• 9CB3E88A-8A8C-40EC-AC15-3966B29F5ED7.jpeg
    9CB3E88A-8A8C-40EC-AC15-3966B29F5ED7.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 9
The pic is very tiny, but based on how the photo was taken I'm guessing you are referring to his testicles? If so it's likely nothing to worry about unless he seems to be in pain. Chins normally keep their testicles tucked up inside, but if they get hot they can drop them down to cool them.

If however you are talking about his penis, that should not be hanging out and he may need help removing a hair ring.

Yes i was talking about his testicles. I dont see anything wrong with his behavior. He is not in pain, he is as playful as ever so i hope there is nothing to worry about. I will keep an eye on him anyway.
Thank you for your reply.

Back