Is my chinchilla pregnant? Edited Version *With pictures this time*

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, so I was wondering if my chinchilla is pregnant. When I bought her I was told it was a he so I put "him" with one of my male chinchillas. Some weeks later
(I decided to wait weeks, until "he" got used to me) I decided to take "him" out of the cage to play and interact with "him" and I decided to check to make sure it was actually a male and when I checked it turned out to be a female!

So now a couple weeks later (maybe 1-2 months later) I've noticed that she is fatter and she has also bitten me once and has tried to bite me again a couple of times. She continues to be super active at night, she like to jump a lot in her cage. I have included three pictures of her, two are of her nipples (one picture is really blurry because she was moving). I've seen pictures of other pregnant chinchillas online and my chinchillas nipples don't seem as long but they do look very "fat". I would really like to hear all of your opinions based on the pictures that I have included. If she is pregnant I do have a cage that would be safe for the baby/babies. Thank you very much :)

Attachments

• IMG_4046.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 45
  • IMG_4033.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 38
  • IMG_4032.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 36
Back