My Beloved Hammie - 5/23/2011

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammie

I got Hamlet from a family who was moving out of state and did not want to take him with them. A few short months later, he was showing signs of a severe case of Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome. It took just a few weeks to take all the pep out of my hedgie's step. Hamlet had basically nothing in his old cage, but when he came to me, he got a wheel, toy and TONS of crickets. I am struggling to take comfort in the fact that I was at least able to spoil him rotten in his last few months on this Earth. He was a wonderful hedgie who made considerable progress in his socialization with me. He went from flinching whenever I moved to coming to me, begging to be picked up, before he passed. I will love him forever and always. He will always be my sweet little Hammie. :heart:

Attachments

• CIMG0029.jpg
    CIMG0029.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 26
Aww Im sorry for your loss....that's too bad but at least you were able to have some special time with him and give him all your love. WHS is a terrible thing.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind condolences. Today, I received something in the mail from the vet's office. It wasn't the bill. They sent a sympathy card first. It was very nice to see that they care enough to respect how difficult a time I'm going through and can put that above their business needs.

Back