Please Help!!! Eating and drinking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylerTheTurtle

I got a new Hedgehog three days ago, the pet store employee told me that she was born within this year. Since I brought her home, she hasn't seemed to eat or drink anything. I can't tell though. I have a bowl of food and a bowl and bottle of water. She seems to be healthy except sometimes I can't get her to unroll at all and she constantly hisses. If i do get her to unroll she either keeps her quills up and won't move, or runs away from me and sorta shakes. help?? I have no idea.

Agreed - any updates?

Loss of appetite can come from transitioning from one home to another. It can be stressful for our little buddies and some handle that stress better than others. Generally, it's good to keep a close eye on food and water. You can weight kibbles in grams or count out piece by piece to monitor the situation. You can tuck some pieces into bed with a sick or scared hedgie in hopes they may eat it under their protective covers. But, if you're really looking at a day without food, oral syringing is where you'll want to start.

Back