Princess Penny

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasha

Mmm Helicobacter pylori..
I feel like I've been preparing for this day for a long time now, but I was never really prepared...
Penny came to me about 2 years ago from a rescue. It was a difficult task getting her to warm up to me, made increasingly difficult when she was diagnosed shortly after I got her with Fatty Liver Disease. Boy, she really hated being syringe fed. She was a very huge girl having only been on a diet of kitten kibble, which caused her struggles. We fought it through though, with a few death screams and bit fingers.. But we made it.

Months ago I noticed Penny getting wobbly. It progressively got worse, and she was favoring her sides. I contacted Nancy along with some vets as I knew this was classic WHS. The months following, she continued to get worse, eventually leading to complete paralysis of the hind legs. But the munchkin still managed to get around, still ate and drank like there was nothing limiting her (of course with a little assistance on my part, making "tunnels" to support her and shallow dishes for her). It broke my heart into pieces watching her progressively get worse. I considered the idea of putting her to sleep very carefully, but Scott and I watched her manage to get around, to eat, to drink... to continue to put her stuffed hedgie in her water dish EVERY morning... We knew she'd go on her own when she was ready. And last night, she must have been ready.

It was a rough road we shared together but something I'll cherish with me forever. It truly is amazing what a prickly, huffy hog can teach you about strength and perseverance.

Although it was a rough road we shared, Penny, I loved every minute of having you in my life. Even though you were determined to bite off my fingers after every time I bathed you. You had such a personality... such a strength to you. And I will miss you so, so much.

Rest peacefully, my diva.

Sashaschins047.jpg

2008_0913hognchins0007.jpg

oh no. :( I am so sad to hear of this. I remember when you first got her. RIP Penny. *hugs* for you Sasha.

Again, Sasha, Im sorry about Penny. She will be sorely missed. Take comfort in knowing Aero has met her over the rainbow bridge and they are running and eating mealies together.

Sasha I'm so sorry to hear about the beautiful Princess Penny :( I know she felt so much for you. Rest in peace sweet little Princess!

I am so sorry Sasha. She was such a beautiful girl and she had such a wonderful life with you. She is now healthy and running with all her new friends across the bridge. Hugs

Hugs Sasha! I'm sure Penny is racing around on the other side. You gave her a truly loved and blessed life.

Sasha, I'm sorry to hear of Sasha's passing. I remember the hard fight you two fought with FLD. She was such a pretty girl.

Back