Royal Persian Angora chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatyana

I am in love in these mutation. Anyone know if its possible to buy some, or only chinchillas.com sell them still? What price range on standard color RPA?

They are not available to purchase in the US. Only to over seas buyers. They are extremely expensive due to being so rare

"The CCCU Royal Persian Angoras of Amarillo, Texas, USA are the original Angoras from which all other Angora breeding stock around the world originate. For the past decade, the CCCU Royal Persian Angoras have been offered for sale exclusively on Chinchillas.com, and from no other source. Starting in 2013, all CCCU Royal Persian Angoras come with a Certificate of Authenticity, which helps insure that clients of Chinchillas.com are purchasing a true CCCU-bred Royal Persian Angora." ... "Note: Royal Persian Angoras may be purchased by non-North American buyers only."

Those are quotes from the chinchilla.com site, so yeah it looks like you can only get them from that site and only if you aren't in North America. Just looking at the prices it looks like $2,500 to about $4,000 maybe more.

I've seen these online and they are exceptional. Beyond beautiful, but waaaay out of my price range. Besides I love my little tatty chin. I say tatty because he's a chronic fur chewer (though I think his fur is growing back!) and he looks like he got caught by a weed whacker.

I know this probably shouldn't be funny, but after many vet visits etc he was pronounced a habitual chewer. So I try to live with it and look beyond the shabby, he has an incredibly quirky personality.

And is these possible to buy some out of US, and bring to US for example in Russia? The price on them in Russia around 500-600$.

And is these possible to buy some out of US, and bring to US for example in Russia? The price on them in Russia around 500-600$.

Are you asking if you could buy them in Russia and have them shipped there, and then bring them back to the US? I suppose. Sure is a lot of stress on an animal, though.

Are you asking if you could buy them in Russia and have them shipped there, and then bring them back to the US? I suppose. Sure is a lot of stress on an animal, though.

I will go there ( Russia) maybe in December. And ask if it possible to bring few with me? The chinchillas in a Red Book List so it can be not easy to bring them from out of US? Or its not so difficult? Maybe someone have experience with import chinchillas to US.

I was wondering if someone could explain the difference about these chinchillas because the standard grey Persian ones look identical to my boy except for the tail. Is this what sets them apart from regular chins or are their other differences? :) just interested since this is the first I've hear of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically from what I've read they are long haired chinchilla mutation, about twice as long as a normal chin's.

"Along with their long silky fur, the modern Royal Persian Angoras also tend to have aesthetically pleasing pretty heads. The Royal Persian Angoras tend to be more diminutive than their agouti and dominant color mutation non-Angora counterparts. Fur length in a normal chinchilla averages 3/4 - 1 inch over the neck, and 1-1 1/2 inches over the rear. In the Royal Persian Angoras, however, fur lengths reach 1 3/4 over the neck, and up to 2-3 inches over the rear." Quote from the chinchillas.com site.

FYI- angoras are NOT solely bred within the US and from what I've heard, not solely bred by .com within the US anymore either.

Likewise, there are other, newer mutations out there (in other countries) being shipped in. If you'd like put in touch with someone who has done a lot of international shipping I can point you in the right direction.

BUT, even shipping in...it's a lot of red tape and a LOT of money. Angoras are still fairly uncommon and pricey.

I just had to do a google search.. They are so FLUFFY!
Bellatrix2.jpg

:cute:

Omg that little ball of fluff.... Now I'm gonna dream of them. Oh dear.... Someone tell me I have no more room!!!

Back