What can this lead to?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinypixiexoxo

Izzie Dizzy Minuit Pappy
I recently acquired a 6 week old albino female hhog named Dizzy, and have had my female Izzie for over 4 years. Izzie is a grump (I suspect she was not held regularly before I got her) but she warms up to me on some days with the right ritual.

I wonder if it would ever be possible and safe to house Dizzy (new) with Izzie (4 years). They are certainly not litter mates, probably not related, and appear to have different temperaments. Dizzy rarely balls up and quickly explores and accepts my presence, where as Izzie has always been slow to warm and barely warm when there.

I know Dizzy is way too young for any such merger of the 2 housing together now, but perhaps when Dizzy is full grown, is it possible to house 2 females together like this?

Can any one lead me to a good thread or possible discussion of it here?

Attachments

• dizzy baby.jpg
    dizzy baby.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 4
  • doody.jpg
    doody.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 4
I wouldn't risk it. Being so far apart in age and with different temperaments, it's not worth risking they would injure each other.

You can slowly introduce them during play time and if they get along let them socialize during out of cage play, but caged together is not a good idea.

Back